Senior Environmental Assessment Project Manager - Canada
Our client is a globally recognised engineering consultancy who has challenging and rewarding opportunity for a full-time Senior Environmental Assessment Project Manager with a proven track record of environmental permitting, authorizations and approvals in projects throughout British Columbia. Professional experience in industries such as mining, marine structures and port development is essential while experience in upstream/downstream oil and gas, power and mining within BC, would be an asset.
They are looking for an applicant who has the ability/ experience to:
* Lead the development of environmental assessments and environmental impact statements and strategically advise clients on environmental approvals
* Prepare and produce technical reports based on baseline data collection, peer reviewed publications and current scientific knowledge
* Prepare and produce permit/ regulatory approval applications and supporting documentation
* Work directly with clients to understand and meet their expectations and to develop innovative solutions for successful project delivery
* Provide support for business development and maintain client relationships
* Represent the Environmental Management and Approvals team at technical, government agency and client meetings
For your application to be considered, one would require:
* A relevant Bachelor's degree with graduate level preferred. Professional registration in BC or working towards accreditation is an asset as well as 10+ years experience in Environmental Assessments, Environmental Impact Statements, Environmental Effects Monitoring and prepoaring regulatory approval applications.
* Technical background in one or more of environmental sciences, environmental engineering, chemistry, fisheries biology, wildlife biology, ecology and/or land use planning with a strong focus on Project Management and Delivery.
* Provide leadership and technical direction to a diverse team and environmental advice to our engineering and environmental teams and contribute to the development of junior staff.
* Track record in the management and technical writing of Environmental Assessments (Provincial and Federal) is a requirement.
* Experience in both the provincial and federal environmental regulatory frameworks.
* Possess excellent organizational and project management skills.
* Have a team focus and the ability to communicate with clients, senior management, team members, government. agencies and public and First Nations community members.
* Must have a passion for environmental sustainability.
* Additional requirements include computer skills, and the ability to work as part of a team in a fast-paced, multi-tasked environment.
Job Type : Permanent
Location : Vancouver
Salary : $100k - $120k pa
Date Advertised : 27 Nov 2012
Sorry, this position is no longer available.
Don't miss out again. Sign up for Jobs-by-Email and get the latest jobs direct to your inbox.